26.12.06

Now reading

To those who care; I'm now reading 2 books & 3 magazines simultaneously, and you know what, it's damn hard to this.

I've just finished reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. It's a really good book. And apparently, if you go to MPH, you'll find that this book is marked as "Essential Reading" by the lovely folks there. While I wouldn't exactly class it as an absolute must read book, I'd still recommend it to anyone who wants a good, sad read. Yes, its sad. It has an amazingly disturbing first chapter that I initially thought might just get even worse. But fortunately it didn't get any more psycho than that, and the story moved along nicely. It's about how the dead never really let go of their previous lives on Earth and about the suffering of a family who's lost a member. Again, it's sad. But not depressing. Which is good.

Now that I'm done with that, I'll try to juggle my time to read the following - Monster by Jonathan Kellerman, Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer, Nov & Dec issues of F1 Racing magazines and the December issue of PC Authority. I'm more inclined to read the mags, to be honest.

I'm nearly giving up hope on Safran Foer because the book is almost impossible to understand without repeat readings of each chapter. It's confusing but I think I'll soldier on. I spent 50 bloody ringgit on it. I better soldier on, dammit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have one in my list - Audrey Hepburn Treasures. Nice one.