28.2.06

Lord of War

Funny how I seem to always "get" a song while watching a movie. I was watching the movie "Lord of War" just now, and it had the song Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley playing in one scene, and at that very instant I realised how gorgeous the song really is.
I've had Jeff Buckley mp3s in my PC for a long long time now. I think I have the albums Grace, My Sweetheart the Drunk and the live album stored somewhere in my hard disk. But it's not like I listen to them all the time, I'm not even a big fan of Buckley. It's more like a random album that I play when I need something new to listen.
However, after watching the DVD I just couldn't get the song out of my head, and now I'm playing this track on repeat, possibly for a couple of days. It's just weird how only today I've seen the "light" and discovered beauty of this song. Sure, I don't have a clue what the words mean, but the music is really nice, perfect for the not-so-good feeling I'm in right now.
I don't know, maybe I'm just in a singer-songwriting, slightly depressing, melancholic phase. First it was Damien Rice and now Jeff Buckley?


No comments: