21.6.05

I'm back!

Yeah, I'm back blogging. I had a little hiatus a while ago due to several reasons (more like excuses) including work commitments, lack of interest, laziness & unavailability of Internet access. But hey, I don't need to justify why I don't blog!
Pejam celik, its already halfway through the year. And I've been working for a bit more than one year now. I can't exactly say how much experience I've gained over the past 12 months but I'd like to think that I've learned bits and pieces of a lot of things. I better. I've always been a rather slow starter-late blossomer (if thats a word) and that's why only now, after one year I'm beginning to grasp and "get it". The first 12 months were like a blurry period for me. Struggling here and there trying to learn about everything. But now I'm more focused and I know what I'm doing. Which gives me a great deal of relief and a feeling of content. And that's good. No more being unsure of what to do, no more taking up unrealistically and "waste of time" tasks and shit like that anymore. I'll leave that to the next new guy coming in.
One thing I've learned is that you have to work smart in this type of office environment. By that I mean doing stuff that's worth it. Sure it sounds bloody obvious but you'd be surprised to see how many people get stuck doing the unnecessary stuff while ignoring what's really essential.
Okay, I'm beginning to sound very serious now. I think I better stop before this becomes a boring lecture on how to work smart.
What do I know? I'm just a new kid in this huge business. You'd be better off reading Dilbert (which by the way is only a click away from here.....see the column on your right? Yes? Click, click, click)

No comments: